There are a few cases where a real property transfer does not require disclosures.
- New home, because the buyers gets a public report instead
- Court ordered transfer
- Transfer to a decedent, guardianship, conservatorship
- Transfer within a trust (unless the trustee is a former owner)
- Transfer to a spouse
- Transfer to a child, grand child, great grant child
- Transfer from the dissolution of a marriage
- Transfer from a co-owner to another
- Transfer by the State Controller of unclaimed property
- Transfer from failure of paying taxes
- Transfer to or from any governmental entity
1 Note that a home in the foreclosure process and sold as a Short Sale still requires a TDS. The Foreclosure Transfer mentioned here is when the sale happens at an auction. The is the only truly “AS IS” sale there is in California.